REPUBLIC OF THE PHILIPPINES
PROVINCE OF PAMPANGA
CITY OF SAN FERNANDO
GIANT LANTERN FESTIVAL 2016
Barangay Accreditation and Regulatory Committee
RULES & REGULATIONS
- VENUE & ASSEMBLY
- The competition will be held at the ROBINSONS STARMILLS. All participating lanterns must be at the venue before 5:00PM. On the 14th day of December 2016 at their designated slots.
- PAROL SPECIFICATIONS ON RULES AND REGULATIONS
- Lanterns must have a diameter of 20ft. with an allowance of plus/minus six (6) inches.
- There will be no limit in the use of bulbs instead the committee encourages the participating barangays to use lesser bulbs in order to conserve electricity.
- The Lanterns should be made/built on their respective barangays. Not compliance will result to disqualification.
- ENTRY FORMS AND MUSICAL PIECES
- Submission of the list of not more than twenty (20)official team members (Barangay Captain, Lantern Maker, Head Electrician, Assistant Electrician, Rotor Maker and 15 Rotor Operator) November 17, 2016.
- All participating barangays must use Christmas carols,Marches and Modern Christmas Music arrange in pop, R&B medley and remixed are allowed to accompany the movement and interplay of lights of their respective lanterns.
- Only the musical pieces that will approved by the GLF Committee from among those submitted by each of the participating barangays must be used during the contest proper and in the exhibitions. This will be given by the GLF Committee to the participating barangays on November 4, 2016 from 8AM-5PM at the office of the City Tourism Office, City Hall Annex, City of San Fernando, Pampanga.
- The participating barangays must submit a final copy of the musical pieces in CD properly arranged for the competition and exhibitions to the GLF Committee on or before November 4, 2016.
- CONDUCT OF THE PARTICIPATING TEAMS
- All members of the team shall observe proper decorum during the festival. Unruly behavior of any member of a particular team shall be considered as a reason for the committee to file demerits against the said team.
- All participating team should bring two (2) fire extinguishers.
- All operators should wear proper uniform (T-Shirts) with proper gear/rubber gloves and rubber shoes.
*if possible Helmet/head covering.
- ORDER OF PRESENTATION
- First Round
The participating Barangay will be given five (5) minutes – maximum of seven (7) minutes each to display the design and interplay of lights of their respective lanterns to the accompaniment of one (1) or medley of the approved musical pieces.
- Second Round
The participating Barangay will be grouped in to Four (4). Each group will be given five (5) minutes to display the design and interplay of lights of the lanterns to the accompaniment of one (1) or a medley of musical pieces to be provided by the GLF Committee. The Committee will provide a different musical piece for each of the Four (4) groups.
1st group 2nd group 3rd group 4th group
- Third Round
All the participating Barangays will simultaneously demonstrate the interplay of lights of their respective lanterns within five (5) minutes to the accompaniment of one (1) or a medley of musical pieces to be provided by the GLF Committee (Brass Band Music).
- Criteria for Judging
Interplay of lights and color with music of 1st round (20%)
Order and sequence in the interplay of lights and colors
Fluidity of transitions, interpretation of the musical piece.
Interplay of lights and color with music of 2nd round (20%)
Group order and sequence in the interplay of lights and colors
Fluidity of transitions, interpretation of the musical piece.
Total and sectoral impact of the design
Harmony, organization and beauty of the over-all design
Delineation and definition of the design
Color Combination (25%)
Harmony, unity and integrity of colors
Definition and delineation of colors in the design
Over-all as well as sectoral visual impact of colors and hues
Aesthetic effect of the design
Uniqueness of the lantern
Appeal to the crowd
- SCORING AND TABULATION
- A computer will be provided to every judge.
- The maximum possible points for each criteria for judging is 100 points and the minimum is 80 points per judge.
- Each judge will encode their points on the score sheet on the computer assigned to them. The score sheets are saved and printed once the scores are final. The judge will then verify their respective printed score sheets and sign.
- The scores are automatically tabulated on a server manned by theSTI. City Management Information System (MIS) staff and members of PICPA-Pampanga Chapter.
- The final printed tally sheet will be validated by PICPA and the validated tally sheet will be signed by the chairperson of the board of judges.
- The decision of the board of judges is final.
The following demerits based on non-compliance to the rules and regulations will be deducted as follows from the average score during the competition.
- Tardiness/Late arrival in the venue –5 points
- Parol specifications (Failure to follow lantern specifications) – 5 points
- Late submission of musical pieces – 5 points
- Misconduct of team members – 5 points
- Balloons, animals, flexi lights, fireworks and other explosive and combustible items are prohibited to be used in the competition – 5 points
- No images/patron saints other than the Giant Lantern shall be brought in the competition venue on 17 December 2016 –5 points
- Failure to provide safety gears (gloves and shoes) and fire extinguisher – 5 points
Mr. Elwin Arl Serrano
Secretariat, Barangay Accreditation and Regulatory
Mr. Jim Jimenez
Chairman, Barangay Accreditation and Regulatory
Proposed Rating Scale
Tardiness/Late arrival in the venue
1 point- 15 mins late 2 point- 30 mins late 3 point- 45 mins late 4 point- 1 hour late 5 point- more than 1 hour
Parol specifications (Failure to follow lantern specifications)
1 point- 19ft size 2 point- 18ft size 3 point- 17ft size 4 point- 16 ft size 5 point- 15 ft below
Late submission of musical pieces
1 point- 1 Day 2 point- 2 Days 3 point- 3 Days 4 point- 4 Days 5 point- 5 Days above
Misconduct of team members (Behavioral)
0 point- Organized 3 point- Not organize
Balloons, Animals, Flexi Lights, Fireworks and other explosives and combustible
0 point- No explosives 3 point- Has Explosives
0 point- No image 3 point- Has Image
Failure to provide Safety Gears and Fire extinguisher
0 point- complete 3 point- incomplete